Saab celebrates independence. Saab has been free and independent on the 23.02 for one year.
The official festival program of Saab:
- Company celebration in the Saab plant in Trollhättan for the first year of Saab as an independent company.
- Live music, awards, product presentations and lectures.
- Presentation of the latest Saab product innovations, including the new special model.
- 300 Independence Day birthday cakes.
Trollhättan, Sweden: All of Saab Automobile's 3.800 employees will be stepping down next Wednesday (February 23) - to celebrate a huge birthday party - the first anniversary of Saab's rebirth as an independent car manufacturer. In addition, dealers, suppliers, VIPs and the press will be on site for the celebration.
Parts of the ultra-modern Saab plant in Trollhättan are being transformed into an entertainment area, the Saab Auto Museum is open to everyone on this day, many bars and restaurants in the city are open and are celebrating Saab's first year as an independent manufacturer.
The celebration will take place exactly one year after the day General Motors sold Saab automobiles to Spyker Cars NV in the Netherlands. When the contract was signed, the new Saab Automobile chairman Victor Muller promised his cheering staff that the day would be celebrated and next week Victor Muller and CEO Jan Åke Jonsson will keep their promise.
The entertainment program at the Saab plant includes live music sessions, video screenings, lectures, awards for top suppliers, a photo contest on "independence" and the announcement of the latest Saab products, including a unique special edition of Saab. A festive cake - more than 300 of them made - will be shared among all participants.
The event will be broadcast live to Saab dealers all over the world and also recorded as a video.
"This is our Independence Day," said Jonsson. “We celebrate being free and are masters of our own destiny, we can make our own decisions.
“Saab has had a long way in the past 12 months. We restructured our organization here in Sweden and around the world, introduced new ways of working together, entered new markets and made new partnerships. We also have the biggest product offensive in new Saab history with the launch of the 9-5 sedan and 9 4X crossover, the launch of the 9-5 SportCombi later this year, and the launch of a new generation 9-3 next year started.
“We are looking to the future and the past at our celebration next week. We are at the beginning of a bright future for the company. ”
Saab Automobile Chairman Victor Muller added: “Saab has been reborn as an independent company. We give the space for free thinking and the innovative spirit that has always been part of this corporate DNA. The celebration next week will be part of this process.
“No other car manufacturer has such a loyal workforce, such a loyal dealer network or such loyal customers. With the exciting new products that go on sale now and that we have in the pipeline for the future, all the ingredients are there for a successful future. ”
During the last 12 months, Saab Automobile has had great success:
- Concentration of all design and development work and vehicle production in Trollhättan.
- Reorganization of engineering work and the technical development process.
- Introduction of a new global, Saab-controlled sales and distribution network.
- Establishment of new partnerships: E-AAM Driveline Systems, BMW Motor deliver, 9-3 ePower electric vehicle, research programs with several partners.
- Establishment of SES (Saab Engineering Services) as an independent business area.
- Presentation of the completely new Saab 9-5 and 9-4X, first Saab crossover vehicle.
- Introduction of the 180 hp turbo diesel in the 9-3 sports sedan with outstanding 119 g / km CO2 emissions.