Update: 16: 42
Meanwhile, the news release from Saab owner National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB (NEVS) is available. The text basically has the following statements that are interesting for us:
- NEVS has signed a long-term collaboration agreement with Quingdao. The 9 million city in the province of Shandong initially invests € 220 million in NEVS and thus becomes a partner with 22%.
- Further investments will follow in joint ventures on the Chinese market.
- NEVS headquarters is still Trollhättan with the product development and production there.
- Quingdao is a long-term, strategic partner.
- As part of the agreement, a study will be carried out to continue the cooperation.
- NEVS is evaluating the possibilities of producing the Saab 9-3 after summer 2013.
- The first NEVS electric car is expected to appear in spring 2014.
Here the original in full:
So far, that's what NEVS lets us know right now. The start of the new year is promising, at least from the Saab point of view.