Late summer seems to be a great time for 9-5NG meetings! Only a week or so ago we covered a 9-5NG meeting in lovely Lidköping, Sweden, and now we received a submission from Saabblog.net reader Jurgen Lahey who attended a 9-5NG meeting in the Belgian capital only just before. What a wonderful sight it was with eleven of SAAB's arguably most beautiful model at the foot of the 165 billion times magnified shape iron crystal's unit cell!
Saab 9-5NG meeting in Brussels
Late August we had our first Saab 9-5NG meeting at Brussels, right underneath the magnificent Atomium!
11 Saab 9-5 NG's make a long row
No less than 11 Saab 9-5NG owners from The Netherlands and Belgium showed up with their pride and joy. With a bit of luck on that hot, sunny Sunday, we'll be able to manage all the 11 of them behind each other, while others Saabs found their spot on the other side of the road. For many owners and fans it's the first time they eat each other, but very quickly everybody's sharing experiences and knowledge with Belgian cookies and drinks.
A Dutch participant, called Theo, even kindly brought some 3-D printed Saab enthusiasts!
Another guest who proudly presented his latest Saab (a silver 9-5NG Tid) what Sjef, most famous for having driven a Saab 9-5 over a million kilometers! His odometer did not bother counting anymore after 999.999km, but he just kept going and drove another couple times around the world!
Sjef's old Saab 9-5 and his new one!
Some members of the Saab Club Belgium were also present and were selling some Saab collectibles.
Time flew by and after a few hours and many discussions about Saab's later, we said goodbye knowingly we would certainly meet again, because this meeting was a great success!
More pictures of the event can be found on Saabforum.nl
These were the 9-5 NG's that were present:
1) Lahey Jurgen - 9-5 NG Fjord Blue 2.0T Aero XWD
2) Peter - 9-5 NG Granite Gray Vector 2.0 Tid
3) Spartacus (Luc) - 9-5 NG Carbon Gray Vector 2.0 Tid
4) Gudmundje - 9-5 Artic White NG 2.0 Tid
5) U-Poll (Theo) - 9-5 NG Jet Black 2.0T Aero XWD Exclusive + Hirshed to 260 HP
6) Voilà - 9-5NG 2.0 TiD Carbon Gray Vector exclusive
7) Pascal - 9-5NG 2.0 TTid Aero Jet black
8) Gunter - 9-5NG 2.0 TTid Aero Jet Black with black Edge Rims
9) Retep - 9-5NG Aero
10) Sjef - 9-5NG 2.0 Tid Diamond Silver
11) Chyron - 9-5NG 2.0T Biopower Java Metallic + Hirshed to 260 HP (+ exhaust)
And of course a bunch of other Saab's:
4 Saab 9-3NG, 4 Saab 9-3 1e GEN and 1 Saab 9-6 V4
Photo credits: Jurgen Lahey, U-Poll, Svenio_g, Powerd By Diesel, Bob Francorchamps, Sjef Kuijpers.