Tell us your Saab story!

It's time for Mark and I to ask our readers about Saab stories. So that we can motivate as many Saab fans as possible, we have come up with a very special incentive. Maybe readers who regularly visit the blog still remember ours exclusive Saab note blocks?

Exclusive Saab Bordhappen from leather.

Originally we had you print for fun and then gave it away to fans. The response to the spontaneous action was huge and many would have liked to own a Saab memo pad. Therefore, we have reprinted a strictly limited edition; There is a classic and a Youngtimer version. The individual pages are designed differently, 8 different motives are to be discovered.

Exclusive Saab boardmaps and blocks with Saab motifs

These great Saab note pads we pack in historical Saab boarding filesthat us Orio Germany has made available. They date back to the Saab Scania era and are around 30 years old but have never been used. We combine them with our notepads into a particularly exclusive collector's item that can not be bought anywhere.

Reader stories on the blog have a certain tradition. They enrich our pages, make them even more exciting and colorful. We are pleased to continue cultivating this tradition. Since both the availability of the folders and the blocks is limited, there are some hurdles to overcome on the way to future ownership.

Eligibility:
  • The Saab story must include at least 400 words. The language is German or English.
  • There must be at least 3 images in the format 1280 x 960 or larger. The images are the declared and unrestricted property of the sender and are provided free of charge to Saabblog.net.
  • The text will be delivered in Word, Open Office format or as mail. The pictures are not embedded in the text.
  • There is only one Saab story published per week, the editors make the selection.
  • Submission with full address to saabstory (ä t) saabblog.net

Our promotion starts immediately and ends on 31.12.2017. Since we will publish only one story a week, not every submission will appear on the blog. With the limitation we want to set a small incentive for the best possible, exciting stories.

The senders have every freedom, as long as it's just about Saab. Both fictitious narratives and stories from life are accepted. Things that have something to do with Saab, but not necessarily with cars. Encounters, experiences, friendships or restorations and coincidences. The possibilities are (almost) unlimited.

Our action is open to all readers. Not only from Germany, but from all over the world. For this reason, English is also accepted as a second language, and of course we send the exclusive Saab folders anywhere in the world, where possible.

Mark, the blog crew and I wish you a lot of fun! We look forward to many Saab stories!

16 thoughts too "Tell us your Saab story!"

• 18. April 2017 at 10: 26 AM

As always a very likeable idea! Count me in

• 18. April 2017 at 11: 35 AM

I would be there too, but my SAAB history seems far too banal ...

... and my current "fleet" (2 Sweden, but only one SAAB) far too small to be newsworthy. Mmh, something fictional? Also there, the bar depends on already published here so high. So no leather folder for me. Crap.

But I look forward to the stories of the other SAAB drivers and new reading pleasure!

• 18. April 2017 at 2: 05 PM

Dear Herbert, I can not believe that banal. We would be very happy about a story from your side!

• 18. April 2017 at 5: 06 PM

Just because of the nice block (in the very chic folder) would be worthwhile indeed some use.
        I go back to myself.

• 18. April 2017 at 12: 15 PM

The folders are great, I'm also looking forward to many great stories!

• 18. April 2017 at 12: 51 PM

Again a very nice idea. Since the last time with the shop order, the blocks as an addition already were all, I will definitely start a new attempt. Will be difficult, however, because I've already "fired" the most important thing in my Saab story last year.
    It's definitely a nice thing and I'm looking forward to the many stories.

• 18. April 2017 at 1: 53 PM

Great idea, hopefully I'll be able to write a nice story. Maybe I also think of a fictional one.

• 18. April 2017 at 2: 54 PM

Let's see what my diary SAAAB writing history says
    I think I would come up with some stories too - Saab really shaped and changed my life ....

• 18. April 2017 at 8: 55 PM

Too bad that only one story will find its way into the net ... .. I'm glad about every story I can read here on the blog !!!

• 18. April 2017 at 9: 10 PM

One per week ... I think that makes it even more exciting for the authors.

• 18. April 2017 at 9: 20 PM

Good news.

In a few days I want to share the story of my 9-3 Aero Convertible.

Thanks Saabblog.net !!!

MF

• 19. April 2017 at 1: 02 AM

The beautiful leather folder reminds me of the last, beautiful portfolios, which existed in the first model years of the 9-5. My MY99 still has the beautiful version, the MY03 already the fabric / imitation leather version. Too bad that Orio apparently does not (more) officially offer the folders to his customers. Anyway is a great action!

• 19. April 2017 at 12: 44 PM

This is a true story! But I think nobody will believe it.
    It starts 1984 we drove an Opel diplomat and I wanted to get rid of the car. I had a Volvo 256 station wagon
    for safety reasons, two children, it was not possible to get one in Hanover.
    So I said to my wife, I'll take a look at SAAB. She said they are ugly. I said I'm in the car and I do not see that. Since I visited three SAAB dealers in Hanover no one had a used what now?
    Then I came up with the idea to search in the surrounding area and came to Stadthagen.
    A dealership selling SAAB new cars and Mercedes annual cars, I called and the owner of the dealership
    said, of course I have two used since they come to us then we clarify that.
    So I went there and learned from him that are not in Stadthagen but in Liliental near Bremen.
    He offered to drive with me and I said yes. In Liliental, two 900 stood a Green Metalik 3 door
    and a five-door turbo I opted for the five-door Bj 1979. The engine was a dream for a four-cylinder, after I have reviewed the papers, the engine was apart and has been fine-balanced.
    My first SAAB 900 Turbo indicated 145 PS, but by fine balancing a bit more. We have been traveling to Sweden for four years already and we already had Swedish well-known in the year 1986 we drove together with our friends and children to Sweden. On the beach my friend asked me, I plan to enlarge my company do you help me?
    Of course, I said we were planning to rebuild the hall on the beach with drawings in the sand (IRRE). and so the conversion has been made. We became friends and stayed. We drove two times with his employees and customers to the SAAB museum Always super. This is the short story, there are passages that I have not mentioned because daas would be much too long. Then we went together with the bike to Skagen 1000km in 11 days. and so on. We had a SAAB 900 Turbo Bj 1979, a 9000 ss 250PS Bj 1989,
    an 900 Cab 195 PS Bj 1992 still and a 93 Bj 145PS 2003
    Always satisfied and still with cab and boat to Sweden.
    That was our SAAB story

• 20. April 2017 at 3: 30 PM

The folder whets the appetite. I'll see if I get something written in the long run ...

• 21. April 2017 at 11: 14 AM

Would stories be possible, has several parts?

• 23. April 2017 at 3: 41 PM

Why not? There is hardly anything against it!

ArabicDutchEnglishFrenchGermanitalianportugueserussianspanishSwedish