Saab Marketplace. Do we need Saab classifieds?

Not every project leads to success. The art of failure is to learn something from it. We close today, after just over a year, our Saab Marketplace. It started well at the beginning, but I was never completely satisfied with it. The reason is less due to the lack of interest of the readers, but more to technical inadequacies of the software.

Saab Marketplace

The Saab Marketplace closes

The usability and the administration were never enthusiastic. However, what Mark and me did after each update was frustrating for readers when creating an ad. A few weeks ago, the decision was made to end the project with the current software. So we close today.

The basic question of whether Saab classifieds on the blog would make sense, I still answer unrestricted with yes. I see it as a topic of the future, with aging cars and a small, fine community. Of course, there are many ways to place ads in various portals. From Ebay and Facebook to various forums and autoportals. The basic idea was to bring something Saab-exclusive on the way. Visible to anyone, without access restrictions, and above all simple.

After the Marketplace is in front of the Marketplace

Unfortunately, the usability was not kept simple and the project ultimately failed. I learned from it. In the background, the test runs with other software packages that are simpler to use and more up-to-date. So I would like to do it again - with a restart in the coming days. The goal is to launch a software that is easy to use and allows for the creation of any ad by any reader without detours. And that should be a free quote for all Saab drivers.

This can only work if there is a certain interest behind it. How do the readers judge the topic? Are free, running on a German server Saab classifieds desirable? Or is the topic already sufficiently covered by Ebay, Facebook, Autoscout, Forums and Co? Opinions and contributions to the discussion are required. The opinion of the readers will decide whether we dare to reboot.

17 thoughts too "Saab Marketplace. Do we need Saab classifieds?"

• 28. February 2018 at 1: 45 PM

Hi Tom,
    yes, I find classifieds necessary so that even useful spare parts do not bum or even weggeschmissen, but our Saabs come to good.
    I only have whole cars to sell. I prefer to keep it myself.
    Grüßle Coopereins

• 28. February 2018 at 1: 47 PM

Marketplace specific to our heart brand is certainly worthwhile!

• 28. February 2018 at 1: 54 PM

I think the market is a good idea, but it must also say that this was hitherto very hidden and too cumbersome.
    If the Saabblog wants to raise something: must be very simple, without a big registration, very present on the homepage, different well-articulated categories are a must.
    On the other hand speaks: saab cars forum which also one has (only starting from 50 amounts post possible).

• 28. February 2018 at 4: 31 PM

The lack of presence was probably a problem. But that could change in the future.

• 28. February 2018 at 2: 03 PM

I'm absolutely pro-marketplace, because I have to rely as a spare parts seeker on the sources or providers. I also always like to receive tips from experts. I find it here rather than on Ebay & Co. Dubious providers or prices would probably be unmasked much faster.

• 28. February 2018 at 2: 18 PM

There are 2 German language forums (where classified ads can be placed), ebay, ebay classifieds, Facebook ... I think there are enough platforms for ads, so it's clutter enough.

• 28. February 2018 at 3: 11 PM

The forums are 80er years style. They make for people beyond the hardcore fans no desire. The blog has more reach and more readers. So for that.

• 28. February 2018 at 3: 16 PM

Certainly the importance of a SAAB-specific marketplace will increase in the future. I do not know the SAAB club scene well. But is it possible that there is no SAAB Germany club of importance?

At least my impression is that the scene is more decentralized in the form of regulars' tables and regional mini-clubs. And that a lot (sometimes even beyond Germany) converges here on the blog?

That seems to me expandable and above all future-promising. It would be nice if there was a central (and virtual) location that a SAAB driver could keep in all aspects

A community with as few members as the SAAB community would, in my opinion, be well advised to create a central platform. Ideally, this would be "all-encompassing" and would include, in addition to a car and parts market, just what the blog anyway already very intense, or at least marginally.

Meaning, there is news but also technical support (similar to a forum). Such topics, such as the chassis of a 9K or better braking with the NG, are here indeed plenty broached.

I myself have in a reader comment ("better domes") to the NG brakes pointed out that the AERO clutch of the 9-5 I 2.3T is compatible with the two weaker 4 cylinder turbo and could be installed there.

It would be just too good (to be true?) For SAAB drivers to have a one stop shop for searched cars, parts and technical tips online.

PS
    And if Orio is attentive, maybe we would all benefit? Orio could save one or the other part, production and storage costs also. In the future, the SAAB drivers would simply get all the optimum, no matter which suspension, which brake, which engine and which clutch they originally had.
    A shrunken but optimized parts catalog could help both.

• 28. February 2018 at 3: 27 PM

There is a large (?) German Saab Club. Its website is already very antique (or analogous

• 28. February 2018 at 7: 54 PM

Sounds a bit like I do not have to feel bad about not being a member or having any knowledge of the club ...

In fact, I feel a little better with this info. Thank you ! ! !

On the other hand, any commitment to SAAB or the SAAB driver is welcome. Personally, I can not compete with anyone who has made more than a few comments ...

I did not want to be disrespectful of anyone either. It was just such a thought that a central page for the community could be beneficial to the bottom line.

• 28. February 2018 at 7: 06 PM

I think the thought games above are very tempting:
      Quote: That seems to me expandable and, above all, promising. It would be nice if there was a central (and virtual) location that a SAAB driver could keep in all aspects.

When I see a blue cream box, I think ..., yes, NIVEA!
      When I see a green beer bottle with a green label, I think ... Beck's beer.
      The above examples are certainly more.
      When I think of SAAB ..., I think of my friendly dealer, if he does not know what to do ..., to SAAB-BLOG.net
      Therefore, necessarily continue to operate the shop! The shop can develop potential !!! Can also be a good address under qualitative aspects ...

• 1. March 2018 at 10: 37 AM

Dear Herbert!
      Thanks, I can only underline that!
      Lg,
      Christian

• 28. February 2018 at 3: 54 PM

How about if everyone sets their Saab or parts where he wants and here only the link is published on a platform. A search feature on top of that and it would be perfect.

• 28. February 2018 at 4: 30 PM

Difficult. I do not believe that there is a software that automatically supports this without much effort.

• 28. February 2018 at 7: 03 PM

Yes, there is the 1. German SAAB-Club eV!
    And admittedly, in the years before 2016, it often looked like there was not much going on there. But: Since we (the new board - Tobias, Jens, Alois and me) took over 2016 in July, a lot has happened. After we have pretty well put the IntSaab 2017 in Dinslaken behind us, we are working full steam ahead.
    Most notable is the club's newly launched 24.02.2018 website (https://www.saab-club.de) - by the way with "market place". As for "reproductions" of parts that are no longer available, what is happening at the European club level, but that takes some time.
    Saabige greetings, Michael.

• 28. February 2018 at 7: 43 PM

Classifieds regarding Saab would be ok

• 4. March 2018 at 11: 58 AM

If the new marketplace should be present and well to serve, then I am very much for something to offer here again.