- Saab celebrates the first year of independence with the introduction of a limited, numbered edition
- The Saab 9-3 Cabriolet Independence Edition is based on the Aero specification
- Unique by color and design of the interior
- Three turbo engines are available: diesel, petrol and BioPower
Saab celebrates the first year of its independence with an exclusive Independence Edition of the Saab 9-3 Cabriolet. There will only be 366 copies, one for each day of the first year of independence and another for the beginning of the second year.
The first Independence Edition (color Amber Orange metallic) was unveiled as part of a specially created holiday at the Saab assembly plant in Trollhättan. Its specification is based on the top model Griffin Aero version; the number of the limited edition is etched into the rear side windows.
Further characteristic of the Independence Edition are:
- 18 5 spoke alloy wheels, matt chrome / black finish
- orange decor on the sport leather seats and glove compartment
- Carbon fiber look and leather upholstery on the instrument panel, handbrake, gearshift gate and door handles
- Welcome message in the information display, exclusive turbo boost gauge
- Sport leather steering wheel with orange decorative stitching and textile footmats with gray surround
The powertrains include an 180 PS (132 kW) 1,9-liter two-stage turbocharged diesel engine, 2,0 PS (220 kW) 162 petrol engine, turbocharging, direct injection and variable valve timing, and a BioPower version with gasoline and bioethanol (E85) in any mixing ratio. As a gearbox, six-speed manual or automatic versions are available.
With the Independence Edition, Saab continues its successful tradition of releasing special models of the Saab 9-3 Cabriolet in the spring. This year will be parallel to the 25. Anniversary of the launch of the first Saab convertible committed.
Source / Pictures: Saab Automobile AB